1.What are cookies?
The purpose of cookies is to adapt the website's content to the user's profile and needs; without cookies, the services provided by any page would be significantly diminished.
2.Types of cookies and purpose
By browsing this site, you are using both session and persistent cookies, which may in turn by first- or third-party cookies.
The types of cookies used on the UIC Barcelona website are:
a) Based on who manages them:
- First-party cookies: those created or managed by the UIC Barcelona webmaster.
- Third-party cookies: those issued by analysis service providers external to UIC Barcelona.
b) Based on the length of time they remain active:
- Session cookies: designed to obtain and store information while the user browses a website. They are normally used to store information needed to provide the service requested by the user only once.
- Persistent cookies: cookies that remain in the terminal equipment and which the owner of the cookies may access and use for a certain period of time ranging from a few minutes to several years.
c) Based on their purpose:
- Analysis cookies: those that, processed by UIC Barcelona or third parties, allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the statistical measurement and analysis of the use that users make of the service provided. To do so, the browsing patterns of our website or application are analysed in order to improve the products or services we offer.
- Technical cookies: those that, processed by UIC Barcelona or third parties, allow the user to browse our website and use the different options or services, such as plug-ins for exchanging social content, user authentication or identification or multimedia player sessions.
- Personalisation cookies: those that, processed by UIC Barcelona or third parties, allow the user to access the service with some general features that are predefined depending on a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language in which the website is displayed.
3.Disabling or eliminating cookies
The user may exercise the right to disable or eliminate the website's cookies at any time. The process is different depending on the browser being used.
To change the cookie settings, the user must access:
- Chrome: Tools → Settings → Show advanced settings → Content settings → Cookies → Block site data and third-party cookies.
- Firefox: Tools → Options → Privacy → History → Use custom settings for history (uncheck all the boxes).
- Explorer: Tools → Internet options → Privacy → Move slider up to "Block all cookies".
- Safari: Edition → Preferences → Privacy → Block cookies (select "Always").
- Opera: Menu → Settings → Privacy and security → Cookies section (select "Block third-party cookies and site data").
Users must bear in mind that certain features of the webpage www.uic.es will only be available if cookies are allowed to be installed on their browser. If they decide to reject or block certain cookies (based on their purpose), this may affect, in whole or in part, the website's normal operation or prevent access to certain services.
On this site we also use third-party cookies to analyse browsing information, share content on social media and play videos hosted on other websites. Click on the following links to see the cookies policy of each of these entities:
- Neither this website nor its legal representatives will be liable for the content or truthfulness of any privacy policies that the third parties mentioned in this cookies policy may have.
- Web browsers are tools responsible for storing cookies and, as such, are where the right to eliminate or disable them should be exercised. Neither this website nor its legal representatives are able to guarantee that the above-mentioned browsers will correctly or incorrectly handle the cookies.
- In some cases it may be necessary to install cookies so that the browser remembers the decision not to accept them.
4.Updates and changes to the cookies policy
UIC Barcelona is entitled to amend this cookies policy to ensure compliance with new legislative or statutory requirements or to adapt the policy to the instructions laid down by the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
In the event of significant changes to this cookies policy, the users will be notified by way of an informative notice on the webpage.